Is Abortion Murder?
A Commentary by J. D. Longstreet
To many Americans abortion is an offense so serious that capital punishment would be considered appropriate.
Of course, it must be against the law first -- and it isn't.
Personally, I simply cannot think of a deed more dastardly, more evil, more repulsive than deliberately killing babies.
the Scriptures, if someone injured a pregnant women so severely that
the infant inside her died, that person's life was taken -- even though it may have been an accident.
is unconscionable that 1.3 million unborn and even born babies are
murdered annually in America. To put this atrocity into perspective, 1.3
million is even more than the number of Jews the Nazis gassed annually
during the Holocaust." SOURCE: http://www.godvoter.org/abortion-bible-verses.html
personal feelings on the matter are these: I do not support abortion,
except in the case of incest, rape, or when the life of the mother is in
jeopardy. In the case of incest and rape, if the mother does not wish
to keep the child then, I would prefer the child be given up for adoption rather than aborted.
and incest deserve one further note: They (thank God) represent a
relatively uncommon cause of pregnancy - and figure in less than 2
percent of abortions. The other 98 percent are done for the sake of
convenience (not that of the baby). Abortion represents the most common
surgical procedure performed in America today." SOURCE: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Abortion%20is%20Murder/physician_explains.htm
Did you know the term "Murder" applies
only to humans? You cannot "murder" any other species on the planet.
You can kill them, you can slaughter them, but you cannot murder them.
Why is that?
Well, let's begin at the beginning... in the book of Genesis in the Bible.
Genesis chapter 9, verse 6, says the following: "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man."
is obvious, then, that a human life is precious in the sight of God.
The life of a totally innocent baby, I would think, would be
super-precious in the eyes of the Creator of all life.
All murders are homicide, but not all homicides are murder. Homicide defined is: The killing of a human being by another human being.
An accidental killing of one human by another is homicide, but it is not murder. The intentional killing of a human by another human is also homicide, but as the act was intentional, it is, therefore, murder.
believe that human life begins at the moment of conception. It is an
article of faith for me. I cannot prove that life begins at that
instant, but, I BELIEVE that it does. It is MY unshakable belief
without need for proof or evidence.
than 50 million babies have been slaughtered since the US Supreme Court
decided Roe v. Wade back in 1973. Nobody even really talks that much
about this issue anymore. For many it is NOT an issue and for those for
whom it IS an issue, there are the threats, spoken and unspoken, to
motivate them to remain silent and/or hold their peace.
Department of Homeland Security report that was released in January
2012 says that if you are “anti-abortion”, you are a potential
terrorist. Unfortunately, there have also been other government reports
that have also identified “anti-abortion” protesters as potential
threats." SOURCE: http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/19-facts-about-abortion-in-america-that-should-make-you-very-sick
Today America has become a vast "killing field"
where the blood of innocents has been, and continues to be, spilled my
the millions. Call it infanticide, if you will, but it has become a full
blown massacre. The blood of those innocents has stained America with an eternal guilt that can never be cleansed from our nation's soul.
Consider this: "America
needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has
deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted
mothers against their children and women against men. It has sown
violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human
relationships. It has aggravated the derogation of the father's role in
an increasingly fatherless society. It has portrayed the greatest of
gifts -- a child -- as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience.
It has nominally accorded mothers unfettered dominion over the
independent lives of their physically dependent sons and daughters.
in granting this unconscionable power, it has exposed many women to
unjust and selfish demands from their husbands or other sexual partners.
Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are
every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to
life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the
pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign." -- Mother Teresa
I repeat, the stain on America's soul is indelible. There will be a day of reckoning from which we cannot escape.
© J. D. Longstreet