A timeline is essential to determine exactly the sequence of events of the latest attacks on America from Egypt and then from Libya that began yesterday on the 11th anniversary of September 11, 2001. Those attacks resulted in the deaths of four Americans including our Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens.
As this article is being written, political and media factors that be are rapidly putting together a scenario that states that the attacks on our Embassies in Egypt and Libya were coordinated attacks. This is a big change from this morning's message when Clinton/Obama would have us believe that the attacks were random acts of violence in response to a lamely insipid viral anti-Muslim YouTube video made in America.
This morning Andrew Malcom (IBD Editorials)wrote:
Looks like President Obama's much-touted Arab Spring has become the Arab Autumn.
Tuesday Muslim militants stormed the American Embassy in Cairo, tore down the U.S. flag and raised their own banner. In Libya, militants stormed an American consulate, set it on fire and killed four people, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya.
The alleged reason: Someone made a video that insulted Allah. So, naturally that's the United States' fault. Never mind the $9 million a day U.S. bombing of Libya to rid those folks of Col. Qadhafi and his amazing hat collection. Never mind the $1 billion in annual aid to Egypt and not-so gentle nudging out of democracy-challenged President Mubarak last year. . .
Although Obama tiptoed away from yesterday's ill-conceived apology tweets from our Embassy in Egypt, it's obvious that he has little control of the messaging emanating from his State Department or his Embassies.
Jonathan S. Tobin (CommentaryMagazine) wrote thiis morning:
The Obama administration is attempting to walk back the damage done by the apology issued by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo for criticisms of Islam made by American citizens. In the wake of condemnations of the embassy’s shocking statement, which seemed to justify the violence that was directed at the United States, administration officials have now said the apology was not vetted by Washington. Responding perhaps to Mitt Romney’s outrage about the apology, last night Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued her own statement in which she also condemned critics of Islam but added, “There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.” But with the attacks on posts in both Libya and Cairo now having left four Americans dead and with anti-U.S. rioters acting with impunity, the problem here is bigger than one retracted apology.
But the damage control being performed in Washington isn’t enough to put the administration’s stand in a positive light. If the initial apology resonated around the world it was because it was very much in line with the tone of moral equivalence that was the keynote of President Obama’s speech to the Arab world given in Cairo in June 2009. Having set forth a credo that balanced understanding for grievances against U.S. policies with a desire to conciliate its critics rather than to forthrightly defend America and its allies, the president cannot now be surprised when the instinct of U.S. representatives abroad, and especially those in Cairo, is to apologize first and to be resolute later. . .
US officials investigate whether strike on Benghazi post 'coordinated,' timed for 9/11 anniversary
U.S. officials are investigating whether the murder Tuesday of the U.S. ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other American officials was a "coordinated" strike timed for the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks -- and not the result of a protest against an anti-Islam film.
A senior administration official told Fox News they are exhaustively investigating every angle of the attack in Benghazi, and an earlier assault on the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt, and there are early signs the Benghazi assault may have been planned. The official cautioned, though, that the administration has not jumped to any conclusions about what happened, saying it would be "premature" to do so.
But current and former U.S. lawmakers, and others, claimed Wednesday that the attack looked like a coordinated strike.
"Absolutely, I have no doubt about it. It was a coordinated, military-style, commando-type raid," House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers told Fox News. Based on his own briefings, Rogers said "military movements" were involved.
"This was a well- planned, well-targeted event. No doubt about it," Rogers said. He said the Al Qaeda-linked Imprisoned Omar Abdul Rahman Brigades is one group being looked at by officials.
Pete Hoekstra, former chairman of the House intelligence committee, told FoxNews.com the attack appeared to have the markings of an Al Qaeda or Al Qaeda-affiliated strike. . .
. . .The FBI is investigating the attack and the deaths of American personnel. A U.S. military aircraft is expected to leave from Libya soon with the wounded and bodies of the dead aboard.
President Obama, meanwhile, condemned the "outrageous and shocking" attack Wednesday, as he and other officials vowed to "bring justice" to the killers while moving quickly to bolster security in Libya and at other diplomatic posts.
"Make no mistake. Justice will be done," Obama said, speaking from the Rose Garden alongside Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Obama and Clinton both condemned the killers, while stressing that the U.S. bond with the Libyan government would not suffer as a result.
"Make no mistake. We will work with the Libyan government to bring justice to killers who attack our people," Obama said, adding: "There is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None." . . .
Comments from one reader to the above statement seem to echo much of America's frustrations with the Obama Administration's foreign policy.
"Glad to know we will work with the Libyan government to find those who attacked us. I just hope they will be as helpful as Pakistan was in helping us find Bin Laden."