Wednesday, May 09, 2012

I've Been Duped



Well, folks, it appears that I fallen for one of those hoaxes that travels around via email.

If you look back to my "Death Culture of the Greens" posting, I talked about mercury poisoning from compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) and added a picture of a foot that had been supposedly severely injured from such a bulb.  I have since been informed that this is not true, and the amount of mercury in a CFL is not enough to cause such harm.  Seeing that the source was a safety circular from a Fire Department, I thought it to be true.  Apparently, it is either a doctored newsletter or they fell for the hoax as well.

So, I am now telling you that the CFL threat to your health is not severe (thank goodness).

Here are some resources about the hoax and CFL safety.



However, this does not change the Green desire to vilify humans and seek the reduction of our footprint on the globe.  The CFL, however, is not an outward example of that desire.

Disclaimer: These opinions are solely my own, and do not reflect the opinions or official positions of any United States Government agency, organization or department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow faultlineusa on Twitter